When do I need to arrive by for a scheduled class?
Class starts promptly on schedule. Please arrive 5 minutes early to get situated and not disrupt other students getting into their zone.
Are there beginner classes?
MISSION offers “CYCLE 101” and “ROW 101”. Our capable instructors will guide the class through each movement so that individual students can benefit from the energy of a group atmosphere, but work within their own comfort zone.
Please arrive 15 minutes early if you are new so that our staff can answer any questions you may have and get you set up so you are ready to go when the music starts pumping.
I’m totally “out of shape”, can I keep up?
Hell yes! The MISSION philosophy is about real acceptance and accessibility. It is our primary goal to encourage and provide support for YOU, because we all start sometime. Then one day, you’ll return the favor to someone else taking a leap.
What are the terms of your memberships?
Month to Month Membership:
There is a minimum 1 month commitment for this package. After 1 month, monthly billing will continue for subsequent months, until cancellation is requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requires 14 days notice in advance of the next billing date. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. Any additional payment(s) cannot be refunded nor transferred, but rather may be applied to the member’s account for future use. (If this is a renewal contract and you have already met your initial 1 month commitment you can cancel at any time with notification of 14 days). Workshops, Special Classes and Events are subject to their own pricing structures.
12 Month Commitment Membership:
There is a minimum 12 month commitment for this package. Cancellation requests must be requested by email to email@example.com. Any additional payment(s) cannot be refunded nor transferred, but rather may be applied to the member’s account for future use. Workshops, Special Classes and Events are subject to their own pricing structures.
Early Termination Fee $240.
Prices confirmed for 12 months – prices subject to change upon contract ending.
Class is full, how does the waitlist work?
As spots open up, we give them away in the order that they were put on. Please only join the waitlist of a class that you plan to attend, as spots frequently open up. You must purchase a class, or have class credits in your account in BEFORE you sign up for a spot on the waitlist. If you don’t get off the waitlist, the class you purchased stays in your account for next time, it is NOT refundable. Up until an hour before the class, we will automatically add you to class and you will be notified via email that you got a spot. If you fail to attend class or cancel with less than 12 hours until class, you will be charged a late cancellation fee. If a spot opens up less than an hour before class, we will notify you but you will not be penalized if you cannot make it.
Do you offer childcare?
Our facility does not offer childcare at this time.
Are minors allowed to be members?
If you are under 18 we require a parent’s or guardian’s waiver.
Do I need shoes to Cycle?
Cycle shoes are required. We want to make your experience the best it can be the very first time. Using shoes to ride utilizes more muscle groups, and allows for more stability and security on the bike. MISSION bikes are compatible with SPD or LOOK clips. A select number of shoes are available for free rental!
Do I need to sign up online?
We suggest signing up for class online through our website that way you know you’ve got a spot or space. We do take drop-ins of course, as long as there is room in the class. You may cancel your spot up until 12 HOURS before class time without a penalty. Please see our Terms and Conditions for our full Cancellation Policy.
Do you offer a Military Discount?
We offer 20% off of our class-packs for military members with a valid military ID. To purchase, just bring your ID in and we can process it for you right at the front desk.
Do you have parking?
Yes! We have free parking!
Is Nourish open all the time?
Yes, Nourish is open for business for MISSION members for all scheduled class times.
Should I know anything ahead of time before I participate in one of your cycle classes?
Yes, follow these Bike Safety Instructions and you’ll be just fine!
- Ensure that adjustment knobs (seat height, seat fore-and-aft, and handlebar) are properly secured and do not interfere with range of motion during exercise.
- Height requirements are 4’11”. The bike mechanism and ergonomics are designed for riders above 4’11”.
- Do not insert any object, hands or feet into any openings, or expose hands, arms or feet to the drive mechanism or other potentially moving part of the bike.
- The maximum weight for individuals riding should not exceed 350pounds (159kilograms).
- The bike has a weighted flywheel and a fixed gear. This means that in order to stop, you must gradually slow your pedal strokes rather than stopping abruptly. If you do need to stop immediately, push down red emergency break below the resistance knob. Do not dismount the bike or remove your feet from the pedals until both the pedals and the flywheel have stopped completely. Failure to comply may lead to loss of control and serious injury.
- After exercising, turn the resistance knob all the way to the left to remove all resistance.
- If at any time you feel dizzy or have difficulty breathing, gradually stop pedaling and carefully dismount the bike.
- Listen to your body, ride at your own pace, and set your bike’s resistance at the level that feels right for you.
- Never turn the pedal crank arms by hand.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout your ride as needed.
- Always keep some resistance on the flywheel.
- Stay in control by executing all core movements and hand positions at a slow pace before attempting to increase your speed.
- Never remove your feet from the pedals while still in motion. If your foot does become disengaged, quickly move your feet to the side and push down on the resistance knob to stop the flywheel’s motion.